The index of the Mishawaka Enterprise runs from 1858 to 1981. The other index runs from 1831 to 1912.
If someone can do a look up in the newspaper for me I would appreciate it very much. I will pay for any copies.
1) Jacob D Smith married Catherine Howard 2 Jun 1834 in Stark County, Ohio. Jacob and Catherine moved to St. Joseph sometime between Jan 1835 and 1836.
2) Martin Smith married Eliza Jane Mitchell 22 Jan 1835 in St. Joseph, Marion County, Indiana. Another researcher thinks that Martin is Jacobs cousin.
3) Jacob D Smith married Rathonise about 1836 in Indiana.
4) Joseph Stuart married Sarah Griswold 24 Dec 1835 Marion County, Indiana.
5) Jacob D Smith married Sarah (Griswold) Stuart 19 Jan 1840 St. Joseph, Marion County, Indiana.
1) Jacob and Catherine sold land 9 Sep 1836 to George B Hagle.
2) Jacob and Rathonise sold land 25 Feb 1837 to Joseph Smith (is Joseph related to Jacob?).
3) George B Hagle and wife Lucinda sells land to Sarah Stuart 10 Jul 1838 so her husband died between 24 Dec 1935 and 10 Jul 1838.
4) Jacob Smith and wife Sarah sold land 26 Apr 1842 to Henry Griswold (is Henry related to Sarah?).
1) When did Catherine die? (best guess between Sep 1836 and Feb 1837)
2) When did Jacob marry Rathonise? (best guess between Sep 1836 and Feb 1837)
3) When did Rathonise die? (best guess between Feb 1837 and Jan 1840)
4) When did Joseph Stuart die? (best guess between Dec 1835 Jul 1838)