Search for content in message boards

Locks in Circuit Court Records

Replies: 0

Locks in Circuit Court Records

Posted: 24 Jan 2013 11:33AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am currently reviewing civil and criminal cases filed in the Switzerland Co. Circuit Court covering the period Oct. 28, 1814 to Oct. 17, 1823, microfilmed by Salt Lake City, FHL #2440202. There are a number of cases covering the Lock families in these records: Peter Lock, Jr. and Sr. and Elijah Lock who was a minor when he had his date in court. I will have more to say about these cases when I've completely transcribed the records.

In the meantime, I have a question for Lori Burgess who posted an index titled "Switzerland County: Complete Record B Oct. 1816 - Nov. 1818" on MyIndianaHome.net. That index listed only one record for Peter Lock, Sr. v. Hannah Lock beginning on p. 271. However, the microfilm that I'm reviewing for the same timeframe has 3 different entries for this case beginning on the following pages: 38, 66, 100. In addition, Lori's index only has two surnames beginnging with "L." My index has many more surnames beginning with "L." Obviously, we are reviewing two different books. Lori, if you are still looking at this message board, would you please contact me privately at search4rll@yahoo.com so that we can sort this out?

Thanks! Judi

Find a board about a specific topic