Search for content in message boards

little girl with no name

Replies: 1

Re: little girl with no name

Posted: 25 Sep 2011 7:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
I would like to help, but not sure how much I can contribute.

When you say you have looked “everywhere,” it would help if you would tell us where “everywhere” is. Have you looked for birth and death certificates in Fayette County for the infant? Surname is probably LONG. Have you found a marriage license for Mildred and Alfred? Have you searched the courts for divorce papers? Have you found his burial in Dale Cemetery? It is not listed on FindGrave, however, sherryperry has a tombstone picture posted on her ancestry tree. Have you seen that? I saw your "leavesfromthetree" posted there, so assume you have.

I wonder what evidence you have found that would lead you to an abuse possibility. Just because family members are hesitant to talk doesn’t mean something sinister happened.

A quick look at the census records shows this:
The 1920 US Census lists Alfred age 17 as the son or Orvel and Rebecca.

On 2 Apr 1930, Alfred W (West), age 28 in enumerated with wife Lillian, age 18 in Connersville. They have been married less than a year. He is a fireman.

Using Ancestry, I was unable to find anything about a Mildred McNalley marrying Alfred Long or Dale Bray.

An obit and several nice pictures of Alfred and Lillian are posted on ancestry by sherryperry. The obit says he died in Laurel and was buried in Dale Cemetery.

Sorry not to offer more. It is an intriguing problem.
Suzanne
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
leavesfromthe... 25 Sep 2011 6:29PM GMT 
sybrayer 26 Sep 2011 1:23AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic