Search for content in message boards

little girl with no name

Replies: 1

little girl with no name

Posted: 25 Sep 2011 12:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McNally/ Long/Bray/Herman/Davis
To whom it may concern:
HELP WITH FAMILY INFORMATION NEEDED-My grandfather Alfred Long (b. 1902-d. 1975) in Connersville, Laurel, Indiana area) was married to Mildred Helen McNally (b.1907-1980) in 1923, before he married my grandmother. Mildred and Alfred had a baby and the baby died.

Shortly after that (death of baby and divorce) Alfred married a new spouse, my grandmother (Lillian Gabbard) in 1929 and Mildred was married again in 1927 (to Dale Bray). This baby, my aunt had to be born between 1922-1926. (I’ve picked those years thinking they were most logical because of when Mildred and Alfred were married at first and before they were both remarried to different spouses) I'd like to know where that baby is buried, the baby's name, cause of death etc. So I can put flowers on her grave. she is part of my family and I will not let her be forgotten.
I have looked everywhere and cannot find information. Please help.
It seems that this baby’s birth and death and name are shrouded in mystery. My personal feeling in that this baby died due to abuse and neglect. The McNally/Bray family doesn’t want to talk about this as I have run into a few on the web.
Alfred is from Laurel Indiana, and moved to Connersville, Indiana. I believe that the baby could have been born in Connersville. (but I’m also suggesting trying all of Indiana) Mildred’s family is from Connersville, but Mildred’s mother’s maiden name was or may have been Davis, and she was married to a John McNally, and later Frank Herman. I don’t know if the baby could have been buried without a name, or under the name of McNally, Herman, Davis, or maybe even Bray (Mildred’s new husband after Alfred, my grandfather) I do not know what the laws were back then about certain things such as children, abuse, burials etc. Keeping the fathers last name in burial or if the mother was able to do what she wanted and bury the child without a last name, or a name at all. It might be an unmarked grave for all I know.
Dales family is from Vevay Indiana (Switzerland co) so I don’t know if the baby was buried there, moved there. But Dale and Mildred are buried in Vevay, Indiana.
My gut feeling tell me that the baby is buried in Connersville, maybe Dale Cemetery. My grandfather Alfred Long is buried in Dale Cemetery. Maybe he picked Dale because he knew his little girl was buried there. Again, I don’t know but assume lots of possibilities. It’s also a possibility that this baby could have been born before Mildred and Alfred were married. I don’t know. Anything goes in this mystery.
If you have any questions you can e-mail me at clcy@att.net,
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
digging4ances... 25 Sep 2011 6:29PM GMT 
sybrayer 26 Sep 2011 1:23AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic