Search for content in message boards

ARMSTRONG FURNITURE, CYRUS & KATIE ARMSTRONG

Replies: 7

ARMSTRONG FURNITURE, CYRUS & KATIE ARMSTRONG

Posted: 5 Jul 2003 6:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: ARMSTRONG, DUBOIS, MAIL, NAIL, ANDERSON
By reading their Wills, I've just conclusively discovered that Cyrus Armstrong, the apparent principal founder of Armstrong Furniture Company of Evansville (and Memphis, TN) is part of my direct line through one of his sons, Stephen. He had other sons, Uel and Jesse, and I believe at least one or two daughters. It's not yet clear to me if Katie or Kathrine was his sole wife. I'd like someone to load me up with all the info on this entire family, particularly Cyrus & Katie, as well as Uel and Jesse's branches. Birth dates, marriage dates, marriages, children, etc. It appears both Uel and Jesse later lived in Memphis to run the businesses there into the early 20th century via their children or directly. As to Stephen's descendants, I have knowledge of many of his children to share. They all seem to have been born around North Bend, OH, Miami township of Hamilton Co., the area where the POTUS Harrison's plantation was located and there is rumor of some family linkage, perhaps Cyrus's wife, Katie. I'd like to know her maiden name. She allegedly was born in NY or NC. Also, who was "Blanche" Dubois of Evansville? Is that the "Sarah" who apparently married Uel? Also, there is some sibling or grandchild relationship with an "Ashford", and an "Anderson", and a "Nail" or "Mail" (George & Katie) mentioned in Katie Armstrong's Will, but it is vague.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
purplegor 6 Jul 2003 12:18AM GMT 
fay 6 Jul 2003 9:00AM GMT 
Lynda French 5 Nov 2003 3:34PM GMT 
MaryJane402 5 Nov 2003 4:39PM GMT 
Lynda French 5 Nov 2003 10:09PM GMT 
frowiss 5 Nov 2003 5:56PM GMT 
daisy6441 3 Feb 2013 7:41PM GMT 
Electroplater 6 Jul 2003 4:57PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic