Search for content in message boards

Jacobsville, Hannah Sampson Jacobs

Replies: 0

Jacobsville, Hannah Sampson Jacobs

Posted: 27 Feb 2013 12:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Jacobs, Sampson
I am looking for living descendants of Hannah H. Sampson Jacobs (1798-1883), according to her obit in the Evansville Weekly Journal, Hannah was born in Springfield, MA and died May 28, 1883 in Evansville, Indiana. Also any other information of Hannah would also be appreciated.

Hannah married George W. Jacobs, who became the first county treasurer of Vanderburgh County, and they moved to what is now Evansville, Indiana about 1818.

Hannah as widow formed the Town of Jacobsville on July 14, 1852. The City of Evansville rapidly grew and overtook Jacobsville, but the area is still an active neighborhood community called Jacobsville today.

Hannah was also a Mayflower descendant, with at least nine Mayflower ancestors, established through her sister for someone that claimed membership to the General Society of Mayflower Descendants.

I am not related to Hannah, but I am working on behalf of the City of Evansville. We are planning a plaque in her honor.

I have more information if interested.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions