Search for content in message boards

Richard Neal

Replies: 4

Re: Richard Neal

Posted: 7 Mar 2014 10:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Neal, Simmons, Sims
Thank you Zhenya for this information. I've had the records from the Indiana archives for some years now but could never find a reason for Richard's incarceration. When I asked my father several years ago if he knew why his ggrandfather went to prison, he responded that there had to be a horse involved somewhere. Apparently my Neals were great horsemen. Richard's son Benjamin died prematurely after a riding mishap when he was thrown by his horse during a jump.

I have since my earlier posts on this thread learned that Richard's wife (one of 8) Charlotte's maiden name was Kelley. She may have resided in Yankeetown during the early part of Richard's imprisonment but she shows up on the 1870 census in Daviess County, KY, living with two of her children with a Barker/Hagen family. Son Benjamin, 16, was living with a Simmons family in Warrick County at that time and younger son Woodbeck lived there according to the 1880 census. Stepson William lived and married into the Sims family in that county. There must be some connection to Warrick County but I have found no record of Richard actually living there. If anyone comes across a connection I would appreciate the info.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
cathyneal51 11 Mar 2006 11:08PM GMT 
Sandy Ricketts 16 Mar 2006 7:26PM GMT 
Cathy Neal 19 Mar 2006 7:31PM GMT 
zhenya 27 Feb 2014 4:21AM GMT 
cathyneal51 8 Mar 2014 5:20AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions