Search for content in message boards

Evangeline "Angeline" West Wilson

Replies: 0

Evangeline "Angeline" West Wilson

Posted: 28 Jun 2013 8:31AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: West/Wilson
I am looking for information hopefully an obituary for Evangeline aka Angeline West Wilson. She is my GG Grandmother. From her son's (Lee Wilson) obituary it states the following:

The Mt. Vernon Register News - Monday, May 6, 1946

Lee Wilson - Hit by auto driven by Henry Smith at State Route 37 and 148; age 69; lived 9th Street and Fisher's Lane; retired Nov. 1945 from Mt. Vernon Car Mfg. Co. because of his health; resident for 29 years;
funeral Myers Chapel by Rv. Linnie McDonald;
buried Enfield Cemetery; born June 18, 1876 in Boonville, IN; son of J. Wilson and Evangeline (West) Wilson;
married July 1, 1903; survived by his mother Evangeline Wilson of Tennyson, IN who is age 105; 2 sons - Walter and Lavega T. both of Mt. Vernon 4 daus - Nellie Walling of Alton; Mildred Smith, Mrs. Maurene Rich and Mrs. Lena Smith all of Mt. Vernon. 5 bros. - Elisha of Louisville, KY; John, James, and Rufus of Richmond, IN; Charley of Tennyson, IN; 2 sis - Zetta Harrom of Hatfield, IN; and Mrs. Nellie Hoit of Los Angeles, CA.

I have located Evangeline in every census from 1850 - 1940. I believe she is buried in Ebenezer Cemetery in Spencer County with Vincent Wilson (J. Wilson is John Vincent Wilson aka Vincent Wilson). I am looking for her true birthdate and also who her parents were. In 1946 she was living in Tennyson, Warrick County, Indiana. She died in 1947. I believe she must have been living with her son Charles Leo Wilson who also lived in Tennyson. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Denise

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions