Search for content in message boards

Lamb/Collins/Bailey in Wells County

Replies: 1

Lamb/Collins/Bailey in Wells County

Robyn Bailey Orchard (View posts)
Posted: 17 Mar 2002 5:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lamb/Collins/Bailey/Crismore/Waggoner
Just to check in, in case a new researcher hasn't come across my quest before...

I'm looking for the death dates of John and Mary Collins Lamb. They appear in the 1860 census--I don't know if they're in the 1870 census or not. Their daughter Emma L. (1863-1905) married George Alfred Bailey (1850-1902). I'm also interested in what happened to Emma's siblings: Uris Paul (born 1849), Susan Catherine (born 1851; married William Crismore 1869); Mekala Elen (born 1861); and Joseph (1866-1937; married Margaret; buried in Wells County). I've come across an Anna Lamb married to a Andrew Crismore, but I don't think that's a relation.

And my ultimate search: Mary Collins Lamb was born 1827 in Virginia to Paul (born 1798) and Susan (born 1794) Collins. Mary married John Lamb (born 1822 in Ohio,the son of Jacob and Catherine Lamb) in Jackson, Ohio in 1844; the Collinses (including sons John and William) and John and Mary (with baby Andrew) moved to Wells County in 1848. The Collinses do not appear in the 1860 census; another researcher states that they moved to Kokomo, but has not provided sources, and she doesn't know their date of death. The question: is my Paul and Susan the same Paul and Susannah Waggoner Collins from Lewis, (West) Virginia? I am almost certain it is, but I cannot find conclusive documentation.

Any help is gratefully received! Please contact me also if you think I might be able to help you.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Robyn Bailey Orchard 18 Mar 2002 12:02AM GMT 
mocro 15 Dec 2012 11:36PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions