Search for content in message boards

Howes/Howse-Newman connection in Muhlenbery, KY and Indiana

Replies: 1

Howes/Howse-Newman connection in Muhlenbery, KY and Indiana

Posted: 8 Jan 2013 6:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Howes, Howse, Newman
I am looking for any proven/documented updates on the identity of "George Howes/ Howse," who married Mary Elizabeth Newman (both my great-grandparents)on 12 Aug 1883 In Muhlenberg, Kentucky. He would most likely have been born between 1845-1865. According to the 1920/1930 KY census, it is listed that he was born in Indiana. the children he had with Mary Elizabeth (Theore Ross, Henry Morson, Annie Wiletta Howes Johnson, Nannie Janette Howes Maxberry, Hettie Jane Howes Cox, Thomas Turner, Raymond Finley, Zelma Howes Hughes, and Byron Howes( died in infancy).

"George" supposedly had another family before he met Mary Elizabeth Newman, and abandoned Mary before she gave birth to Byron in 1899. He was rumored to have come from Warick, Indiana, but none of this is know for certain. It was also rumored that a letter was sent to George expressing that "Mother was dead," and he could come home now, supposedly back to Indiana

If you have any new leads on "George Howes/Howes," or his other family, please email me on here, or at lisamhowes at gmail dot com.

Thank you. Lisa Howes-Pijanowski> Henry Howes, Jr.> Henry Howes, Sr.> George and Mary Elizabeth
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Yodabucky 9 Jan 2013 1:23AM GMT 
williamfcraig... 5 Feb 2013 7:47PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic