Search for content in message boards

Rebecca Bales Wellman

Replies: 0

Rebecca Bales Wellman

Posted: 14 Feb 2013 10:39AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bales, Wellman, Beals
I am looking for information about Rebecca Bales born Sept 19, 1826 and Died October 12, 1911. Rebecca Bales married David Wellman on Feb 3, 1848 and had 8 children. I have a copy of their marriage license and was witnessed by Bowater Bales and Elizabeth Bales from Indiana. Our family has always been told that Reverend Bowater Bales 1802 -1890 was her father, but I can find no information about Rebecca prior to her marriage in 1848. Bowater Bales lists no female children between the ages of 10 and 15 on the 1840 census (Rebecca would have been 13 or 14 years old when it was taken). Another fact is that, Bowater Bales had 6 children, one of which was Wilbur Fisk Bales. Rebecca and David Wellman had a son named Wilbur Fisk Wellman (my great grand father). One idea that has come to mind is that Rebecca was orphaned when sometime after 1840 and Bowater Bales being a preacher took her in and gave her his last name. I would appreciate any info or insight of how to continue my search.

Thank You

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions