I would like to find anyone connected to the Shea family from Iowa Ciy, Iowa and Larned, Kansas. John and Louisa Shea (Shay) had 12 children. John received land Pawnee County through the Homestead Act in the 1870's, however he and some of his family returned to Iowa City by the mid 1880's. His children are as follows:
1. John M. Shea, born 1867, married Minnie Gill. They had no children. He is buried in Larned.
2. Humphrey Shay, born 1868, married Mary Ernst in Iowa City. They had two daughters, Mina and Irene. Free and Mary are buried in Iowa City.
3. Dennis Shea, born 1869, married Mary E. Schreiber. Their children are Lloyd, Charles, Orville and Grace. Grace married Edward Froetschner. Dennis is buried in Larned.
4. William S. Shea, born 1870. Remained a lifelong bachelor and his buried in Larned.
5. Charles Shay, born 1871, became a plumber in Iowa City. He was a lifelong bachelor and is buried in Iowa City.
6. Barnhart, AKA Benjamin, born in 1872, married Catherine Beecher in Iowa City. Their children are Anna, Elmer, Thomas and Loretta. Anna married Charles Elgin. Benjamin may be buried in Rock Island, IL.
7. James Shea, born 1874, married Minerva May Barnett. Their children are Mary, James, Marcella, and John. Marcella is currently living in Larned. James is buried in Larned.
8. Clarence E. Shea, born 1876, married Agnes Balluff. They had no children and are buried in Iowa City.
9. Edward Shea, born 1877 and died in 1878. Buried in Larned.
10. Mary Ellen Shea, born 1880 and died 1887. Buried in Larned?
11. Joseph Edward Shea, born 1882, married Jennie Sook (Suk) in Iowa City. Joseph was more commonly called Ed and they had 4 children, Alvin, Lesle, Robert and Gertrude. Ed and Jennie are buried in Iowa City.
12. Anna Belle Shea, born 1887, married Carl Schlenk in Iowa City. They had Louise, Coletta, Joseph and William. Anna and Carl are buried in Iowa City.