Search for content in message boards

Marriage in Clarke county - 1858; also Crawford co in 1870

Replies: 1

Re: Marriage in Clarke county - 1858; also Crawford co in 1870

Posted: 8 Nov 2012 12:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Riddle, Gillbreath
This is from so long ago, I don't know if you're still looking for info, but if you are I'd be happy to help if at all possible. I am a direct descendent of Moses's brother, Daniel. My parents moved to Indiana, but we still have family in the Denison (Crawford County) area, which is where Daniel moved in 1854. One family member did an extensive family history and while I don't have all of my information with me right now, I can tell you, according to our information, Daniel and Moses's mother was Nancy Jane (Anne) Musser. Her first marriage was to George Riddle (he died in 1842 in Ohio). They had three boys Michael, Moses, and Daniel.

Daniel was born in Morgan County, Ohio. Michael & Moses (with his wife) went west, starting from Iowa. (which I'm sure you already know)

Nancy Jane (Anne) married John Gilbreath. John had six children from a previous marriage.

Nancy Jane & John had four children of their own: John (he was shot and killed), Nancy (she was deaf & dumb & married a man named Anderton), Annia (married a man named Williams) and Elisa (married a man named Johnson and later a man named Crumb).

I hope this is of use to you. I would love to exchange more detailed information with you.

Good Luck,

Teresa (from Indiana) :-)
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Helen M. Omo 14 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT 
teresaLL65 8 Nov 2012 7:16PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions