Search for content in message boards

Beckwith Family

Replies: 0

Beckwith Family

Posted: 1 Feb 2013 10:15AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for living family of Isaac Beckwith, namely his son George Ransom Beckwith. Isaac Beckwith was born in New York and moved to Iowa around 1855-60 with his family. George was born in 1853 in Westfield, Penns. and he married Sarha Ward of Iowa I believe in 1873 (not to sure on that date). They lived in several locals in Iowa, George like his father and brothers was a blacksmith. They went to Utah, Colorado, Nebraska, Missouri and finally Oklahoma. It was said George died before 20th of April 1910, but that simply wasn't true. Sarha had moved back to Iowa around 1907 and she lived with her son Orrin til she died in 1915.
George however, was remarried and had atleast 4 more children with his new wife Pearl Lankford. They lived in Seminole County Okla, McIntosh County, and LeFlor County.
I know he was alive after 1910, because 1)I have pictures taken in 1912 send to him by his sister Mercy Young in Penns. I also have pictures of his first wife and three of his children by her. His son George Francis Beckwith would remain close to his younger brothers and sisters til their deaths and his.
I know there is a story here and I would love to find it out, I am helping a friend who is a grandson of George Ransom Beckwith learn what he can of his family history. I thank you for your time and would love to hear from some of the family. My E-mail address is cowbaron1892@yahoo.com

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions