Search for content in message boards

Luda Vaughn Parish Leak

Replies: 3

Re: Luda Vaughn Parish Leak

Posted: 2 May 2013 8:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello,

Great to hear from you! Luda was my great aunt - my mother's father's sister, or to put it another way, my grandfather's sister. I believe that means we share the same great grandparents - Charles and Gillian (Newberry) Vaughn. Sound correct?

My grandfather was William Vaughn, Luda's brother, who married Rose (Kropp) Vaughn and lived in St. Joseph, MO after their marriage. William died in 1925 at the age of 33 and his side of the family was not talked about a lot as I was growing up. My mother, Alethea Rumpf, died in 1998 and I, sadly, did not get interested in genealogy until after she died. I have done research, however, on the Vaughn family and would be glad to share that with you. I am on Ancestry.com under D_R0816. If you can connect with that, you can find what information I have gathered. If you can not find me there we can figure out how to give you permission to link to it.

My regular e-mail is dlrumpf12657@yahoo.com. Please feel free to contact me in the future through that e-mail. I live in Wisconsin, but still travel to St. Joseph, MO, on occasion since many relatives still live there.

I am most interested in finding information about my (and your) great grandparents, Charles and Gillian Vaughn. I can trace Gillian fairly easily, but am not sure about my information on the Vaughn side.

Am I right that your paternal grandfather - Robert Leo Parish - died in 1919, a year after Charles was born? I have a picture, I believe, of the Parish gravesites. Gillian's grave is also in that cemetery, very close to Robert's. I don't know this for a fact, but I believe Gillian and Luda were close and both may have lived in Tonganoxie. Charles Vaughn, may not have been the best husband and father to Gillian and Luda. He comes and goes in the information I have found. I think Gillian and Luda were taken in by the Parishes after Robert died.

Thanks for replying. I look forward to hearing from you or your sister and sharing more information.

David

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
D_R0816 3 Sep 2009 3:00PM GMT 
davey10417 2 May 2013 3:50PM GMT 
D_R0816 3 May 2013 2:57AM GMT 
davey10417 2 May 2013 4:03PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions