Search for content in message boards

VA Home Wadsworth

Replies: 6

Re: VA Home Wadsworth

Posted: 14 Jan 2014 9:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
A bit of info about the Wadsworth VA

I used to go with my mother once a month. They would have cake and ice cream (In little cups which fascinated me back then) for any of the veterans there who would be celebrating a birthday that month. I don't remember too much about it at that age though I have recollections later on.

What impressed me and puzzled me both was my mother would tell me not to touch the "dry ice" the ice cream was packed in or you could get burned. I probably asked but don't remember the answer HOW could you get a burn from something cold?

My father died in the V.A. Hospital in Leavenworth (formerly Wadsworth). They were very good to him and very kind to me when he passed away. I think back then the quality of the Veterans Hospitals was a lot better. They used to take anyone well enough to go on trips into town for an ice cream cone or maybe even the circus. My father was so excited to go to the circus, I doubt he had much fun times as a child so I appreciate it now knowing he got to do some fun stuff then that interested him.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
LCOLE77706 24 Jul 2012 3:30PM GMT 
genie1953 25 Jul 2012 2:31AM GMT 
GenealogistGr... 25 Jul 2012 12:05PM GMT 
GenealogistGr... 25 Jul 2012 9:54PM GMT 
Dean Chapman 25 Jul 2012 12:30PM GMT 
LCOLE77706 25 Jul 2012 3:26PM GMT 
3DogsNite 15 Jan 2014 4:26AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions