Search for content in message boards

Death Notice or Obit for David "Randall" [RANDOL] d Feb 1880

Replies: 0

Death Notice or Obit for David "Randall" [RANDOL] d Feb 1880

Posted: 29 Dec 2012 11:09AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Randol Ewing
LOOKING for a person knowledgeable of EARLY Phillips Co., KS geography and available resources:

My GGG GF David Randol [surname is often spelled differently] is listed on the 1880 US Federal Mortality Index as "David Randall" b Ohio having died of old age in Crystal Township, Phillips Co., KS Feb 1880. David had lost his wife, Sarah McCord Randol, in 1862. Sarah was buried in Peoria Cem., Story Co., IA. There is no indication that her husband is buried with her.

One of David & Sarah's 13 children, son David J. Randol/Randall, lived in Mound Township, Phillips Co., KS in 1880 [listed on US Census with his wife Minerva (Ewing)] I suspect David J. Randol's father was visiting with him when he died. David J. and Minerva left Kansas after 1880 and were in Monterey Co., California when they died.

MY QUESTIONS/NEEDS:
Is there a possibility that a Phillips Co., KS newspaper, or nearby newspaper, would have reported the Feb 1880 Death of David Randol/Randall? If yes, how might a copy be acquired?

Where might David have been buried in/near Crystal Township, Phillips Co., KS in 1880?

Respectfully yours,
Sally Randol-Hardy

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions