Search for content in message boards

H. H. Taylor Motor Company, Hutchinson

Replies: 3

H. H. Taylor Motor Company, Hutchinson

Posted: 10 May 2011 7:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Taylor, Redderson, Knight, Williams, Maxwell
I have a circa 1910 advertising postcard of the N. E. Williams grocery in Hutchinson, proudly featuring its delivery truck, “sold by H. H. Taylor,” parked in front of the establishment. Williams family lore is that this was the first motorized delivery truck in Hutchinson. If you’d like a copy, I’ll be glad to share it. For the time-being a slightly truncated image appears on the Find A Grave memorial (# 66147307) of Nathan Edgar Williams, who I’m told is buried at Hutchinson Eastside Cemetery with his wife, the former Nancy Eleanor Maxwell.

In the photo N. E. Williams appears on the right, and his son Paul Maxwell Williams on the left. Can anyone identify the driver?

We know that Harry H. Taylor was a prominent businessman in Hutchinson, that perhaps because of his business interests he was also an active player in efforts to make the Santa Fe Trail into an “interstate” highway, and that in 1900 his family lived next door to the N. E. Williams family on East Avenue A. Taylor was married to the former Dora Redderson, and their only child, Dorothy A., married Frank H. Knight. Harry H. Taylor is buried at Memorial Park Cemetery.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
paulhays18 10 May 2011 1:20PM GMT 
leewcos 10 Oct 2012 1:27AM GMT 
paulhays18 10 Oct 2012 3:15AM GMT 
leewcos 10 Oct 2012 11:59PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic