Search for content in message boards

Kessinger Photos

Replies: 22

Re: Kessinger Photos

Posted: 28 Dec 2010 8:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kessinger, Pratt, Ficheren
Hello Charles, Nice to meet you. If you go onto any search engine site and key in Andreas Kessinger you will find a lot of info about the Kessinger Clan. Luckily, it is a surname that has been research a lot and even has books out there on the ancestral and historical factors. I am a decendent of Andreas, B-abt 1700-in/abt Mannheim,Germany. My line run's as follows: Andreas,Solomon,Jacob,Isaac,Christopher Columbus,John Thomas, Pearl L, and myself: Mary Ann Pratt Stilwell. The line from Solomon seems to be the most researched and therefore has good viable info. It is said that Andreas's father was Ludwig Kessinger (correct Spelling), but has not been verifies that I can find. Andreas M. Susannah Ficheren in Germany. Andreas came to America with his Bro. Johan George Kessinger, arriving at Philadelphia , province of Pennsylvania, Oct. 31, 1737 and settled in Warwick Township, Lancaster County, PA. Information I have says that Johan George disappeared soon after his Marriage to Maria Margaretha ??. Around ca. 1760. Andreas is considered the progenitor of Kessinger's in USA. Like I said there is a lot of info out there but be safe and verify what you find as best you can as there are also a lot of family "stories" circulating also! Who is your Father? Where are you at.

The Kessinger clan migrated to several states including, PA, Ohio, Missouri, Kentucky, Arkansas, North Carolina, Kansas, California.and many others. We have a Coat of Arms. There are several stories out there but one gives the date that the family received the Coat of Arms. You can research aolt of that by keying in Kessinger, Badden, Essen, Rhineland, Germany. There you will also find out a lot of other interesting history of the origins of the Kessinger name and clan. I hope this gets you started. Looking forward to hearing from you again soon!
Sincerly,
Maryann
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
maryprattstil... 29 Dec 2010 3:41AM GMT 
6to20characte... 29 Dec 2010 4:21AM GMT 
6to20characte... 29 Dec 2010 4:24AM GMT 
maryprattstil... 29 Dec 2010 4:57AM GMT 
6to20characte... 29 Dec 2010 5:16AM GMT 
maryprattstil... 29 Dec 2010 5:21AM GMT 
maryprattstil... 7 Apr 2007 1:42AM GMT 
gabor19801 9 Nov 2008 4:17PM GMT 
1jgkes 26 Mar 2013 6:28PM GMT