Search for content in message boards

Kentucky: the dark and bloody land... the land with a dark cloud over it... Where does this curse come from?

Replies: 4

Kentucky: the dark and bloody land... the land with a dark cloud over it... Where does this curse come from?

Dolores Cobb Phifer (View posts)
Posted: 1 Feb 2004 11:39AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello. It has been said that Kentucky is a dark and bloody land... the land with a dark cloud over it... Where does this curse come from?

I am looking into the lands of my ancestors that moved to Kentucky from their farm land in North Carolina and wondered why they did not stay there in Kentucky and moved so far away up into Maryland after only 1 and 2 generations.

It has been said that Kentucky was a dark and bloody land and that the land had a dark cloud over it. Where does this curse come from?

In error, many people have blamed the Cherokees and other tribes hunting there in Kentucky... but even ole Dragging Canoe, a Chickamauga Cherokee War Chief/Leader told Henderson that Kentucky was a dark and bloody land and that the land had a dark cloud over it. Even Daniel Boone knew this... my guess is that ole Boone learned it from the Shawnees who adopted him and yet he still settled there. He later paid the price. Like the Chickamauga Cherokees...the Cherokees, the Shawnees, and all of the other tribes that only hunted in Kentucky... they all knew that Kentucky was a cursed land and only used it for hunting, never living there permanently. I have recently learned that there was believed to be an evil ancient peoples that lived there in Kentucky and that they were so evil that they were exterminated by another ancient peoples... perhaps this goes back to the old mound days.

Does anyone know why Kentucky was cursed and said to be a dark and bloody land and that the land had a dark cloud over it?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Peace and blessings.

Dolores Cobb Phifer
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Dolores Cobb Phifer 1 Feb 2004 6:39PM GMT 
Culver 10 Feb 2004 12:04PM GMT 
Dolores Cobb Phifer 11 Feb 2004 2:28AM GMT 
Culver 11 Feb 2004 3:47AM GMT 
John Shumate 17 Dec 2005 10:38PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions