NOTE: I have no connection, no further information and am not seeking additional information.
The Biographical Encyclopaedia of Kentucky of the Dead and Living Men of the Nineteenth Century, Cincinnati, Ohio; J. M. Armstrong & Company, 1878.
CASEY, COL. WILLIAM, Kentucky Pioneer, was a native of Frederick County, Virginia, and removed to Kentucky early in the Winter of 1779, living during that Winter in a camp on the Hanging Fork of Dix River. He, with the Logans, McClures, and others, established Logan’s Station, at Buffalo Springs, near the present town of Stanford. In the Spring of 1791, he formed a party of the Butlers, Montgomerys, Harveys, and other hardy pioneers, for the purpose of forming settlements south of Green River. On Russell’s Creek they erected a block-house, and named it Casey’s Station. This station was subsequently re-enforced by other families; and, although surrounded by the savage foe, and beset by hardships, they maintained themselves bravely, withstanding several determined attacks of the Indians. His farm was the first opened south of Russell’s Creek. He was a member of the Constitutional Convention of 1799, and was, no doubt, one of its most able members. On the formation of Adair, from Greene County, his residence was in Adair County, and the people of that county imposed upon him many responsible trusts. While making no pretense toward oratory, he was yet a speaker of great force and popularity. He possessed an honesty of purpose in life from which he never departed, and that, and his active exertion in every thing looking to the growth and prosperity of the new country, made the people place unbounded confidence in him. He was one of the most noble and valuable among the early pioneers of Kentucky. In person, he was far above medium size, and was commanding and attractive in appearance. Col. Casey lived over fourscore years, and left one son, Greene Casey, and several daughters, all of whom inherited many of his fine qualities and became valuable members of the community.