Search for content in message boards

M. M. MORTON 12370 - Hopkins Co.

This board is read-only and closed to new posts.
Replies: 0

M. M. MORTON 12370 - Hopkins Co.

Posted: 7 Apr 2014 6:20AM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: Morton, Graddy, Fugate
A note from Sandi: I apologize for the time I wasn't posting biographies. My computer took a serious hit (even though I'm very careful!) and I had to have the computer totally re-formatted. For those of you who have had to have this done, it's not fun! I had moved all my Word documents, etc. to an external drive and when I went to restore them - the drive had quit working. I still don't have the data off it and am just praying it's safe! So, I've been unable to do any posting to this list and others. I am re-typing some of the data now.
NOTE: I have no connection, no further information and am not seeking additional information.

Kentucky Genealogy and Biography, Volume IV, Battle-Perin-Kniffin, 3rd. ed, 1886.

M. M. MORTON was born October 25, 1832, in Hopkins County, Ky. He is a son of Thomas and Elizabeth (Graddy) Morton, natives of this county. The father was born December 25, 1805; he died May 22, 1871. The mother was born in 1810, and died August 22, 1884. Our subject worked on his father’s farm until the age of twenty-five, after which he rode as constable four years; he then returned to farming, and buying and shipping tobacco, which he has since continued. He handles about 100 hogsheads annually, usually shipping to New York. Mr. Morton owns about 500 acres of land. With the exception of fifty acres, he has acquired this by his own exertions and judicious management. He was married, December 22, 1880, to Miss Melvina Fugate, of this county. This union has been blessed with three children – one son and two daughters.

Find a board about a specific topic