Search for content in message boards

Preston S. BROWN 12375 - Ballard Co

This board is read-only and closed to new posts.
Replies: 0

Preston S. BROWN 12375 - Ballard Co

Posted: 14 Apr 2014 6:53AM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: Brown, Smith, Lawson, Tisdall
NOTE: I have no connection, no further information and am not seeking additional information

Kentucky Genealogy and Biography, Volume I, Battle-Perin-Kniffin, 2nd. ed, 1885.

PRESTON S. BROWN, Jr., was born October 12, 1840, in Todd County, Ky., where he grew to manhood, and in 1860 removed to Ballard County, where he has since resided. His father, Preston S. Brown, Sr., born near Richmond, Va., in 1800, removed to Todd County in 1805, was a courier in the war of 1812, and is still living. He is the son of John Brown, a soldier of the war of 1812, who died in Macoupin County, Ill., in 1854, aged over ninety years. Preston S., Sr., was twice married, and by his first wife had born to him one son, Albert H. He afterward married Rosina, daughter of Jesse Smith, of Todd County; she died in 18769, aged sixty-three years; her children are subject, Elijah C. and Virginia F. (Lawson). Subject was favored with a good education, and is a reading man. He was married April 24, 186i3, to Miss Ophelia, daughter of James M. and Ann (Brown) Tisdall, of Harrison County, born in 1844, and to them have been born Mollie E. (deceased), Jessie W., Ella (deceased), James P., Thomas J., Jennie, Lute, Lillie and Sam Oscar. Subject is a farmer owning 200 acres of good land; 108 on the home place in a high state of cultivation. He is a Mason, a K. of H. and a Democrat.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions