Search for content in message boards

William S. BLESINGAM #12043 - Hickman Co.

This board is read-only and closed to new posts.
Replies: 0

William S. BLESINGAM #12043 - Hickman Co.

Posted: 22 May 2014 6:39AM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: Blesingam, Baker, Forrest, Wheeler
NOTE: I have no connection, no further information and am not seeking additional information

Kentucky Genealogy and Biography, Volume 8B – Battle – Perrin – Kniffin, 1886.

WILLIAM S. BLESINGAM was born in Perry County, Tenn., October 17, 1844, and is one of ten children born to John and Jane (Bates) Blesingam, the former a native of Alabama, and the latter of Tennessee. They were of Scotch and German descent, respectively. John Blesingam, when a young man, removed to Perry County, Tenn., where he was married and soon afterward engaged in steamboating on the Mississippi River and tributaries, which he continued, in connection with farming, for a number of years. His death occurred in May, 1854, in his forty-fourth year. He was a member of the Presbyterian Church. William S. Blesingam was employed on his father’s farm until he was twenty-two years old. He then engaged in the saloon business at Troy, Tenn., which he continued for two years; thence he removed to Moscow, Hickman Co., Ky., where he was engaged in the same business for some six or seven years. In January, 1878, he removed to Belmont, Mo., where he continued the saloon business until the spring of 1884. He then came across the river to Columbus, Ky., where he opened a saloon and is doing a good business. In August, 1864, he enlisted in Company I, Ninth Tennessee Volunteer Cavalry, Confederate service, and served until Gens. Forrest and Wheeler until the close of the war. Mr. Blesingam is a member of no church, but belongs to the I. O. O. F. In politics he is a Democrat.

Find a board about a specific topic