Search for content in message boards

J. E. BOWERS 12250 - Hickman Co.

This board is read-only and closed to new posts.
Replies: 0

J. E. BOWERS 12250 - Hickman Co.

Posted: 12 Aug 2014 6:41AM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: Bowers, Adams, Boone
NOTE: I have no connection, no further information and am not seeking additional information.

Kentucky Genealogy and Biography, Volume I, Battle-Perrin-Kniffin, 2nd. ed, 1885.

J. E. BOWERS was born in Dresden, Weakley County, Tenn., October 8, 1846, and is a son of Giles and Rebecca (Adams) Bowers. The father was born in North Carolina, and at about the age of eighteen moved to Tennessee, where he lived till his death, at the age of sixty-two. The mother was born in Tennessee, and is now living with her sons in Clinton. In 1869 our subject came to Clinton, where he has since been engaged in merchandising. His store is the largest in Hickman County, being 24x125 feet, and he is doing a business of about $30,000 a year. He enlisted in 1862 in Company K, Sixth Tennessee Cavalry, United States Army, and served until the end of the war. Mr. Bowers was married in 1872 to Miss Nannie Boone, of Clinton. They are members of the Methodist Episcopal Church South, and Mr. Bowers is a member of the I.O.O.F. and K. of H.

Find a board about a specific topic