Search for content in message boards

James Madison LILLARD 5201, Mercer Co.

This board is read-only and closed to new posts.
Replies: 0

James Madison LILLARD 5201, Mercer Co.

Sandi Gorin (View posts)
Posted: 28 Dec 2000 5:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 9:32AM GMT
Surnames: Lillard, McAfee, Neeld, Jones
NOTE: I have no connection and no further information.

Kentucky Kinfolks, Genealogy From the Louisville Herald Post, 1930’s. Permission of Kentucky Explorer, Volume 12, Number 8, February 1998. Mercer County, submitter unknown.

I am the granddaughter of James Madison Lillard of Harrodsburg, Kentucky, born in Culpeper County, Virginia, about 1804. His father was John Lillard, but I don’t know where he was born. James Madison Lillard married Margaret McAfee Neeld in Harrodsburg, and of that union seven children were born: Benjamin, Annie, William, Virginia, Robert, John, and Herbert. None of the above children are alive today, except Robert Lillard who lives in Cincinnati. J. Ephraim Stout Lillard, room thirty-three, Library of Congress, published in 1928 a book entitled A Family of Colonial Virginia. It contains a chart of four generations of the Lillard family beginning with Jean (John) Lillard, the Huguenot progenitor who married Mildred Jones in 1700. Thomas Lillard seems to be the first of that name in Mercer County, but so far as I know my immediate branch of the Lillards does not have a “Thomas.” In the state archives at Frankfort the name Lillard appears on both the old tax lists and the vital statistics records of Mercer County.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions