Search for content in message boards

John Bryant, Adair County, Ky.

Replies: 3

John Bryant, Adair County, Ky.

Posted: 9 Nov 2013 8:23AM GMT
Classification: Query
Is there proof positive that all the children attributed to John & Elizabeth (poss? Hardin) were all theirs. I have a letter from an aunt that says on her father's side, they were of Welsh origin. His name was Ivan Bryant, son of Clarence Bryant. On her mother's side, she claims they were Dutch Holland. Her mother was Louzettia Bryant, daughter Charles Washington Bryant. All research links these families back to John & Elizabeth. She never said anything about both families being related only that her mother never had to take on a new name. Granted, maybe they didn't want people to know that cousins married cousins, but I thought it was strange that she knew very little about her father's side, but there may have been hurt feelings because Ivan's father made him leave home when he was about nine years old - old enough to work & be on his own. Ivan found a home with another Bryant family- Charles Washington Bryant, where when he was grown, married Louzettia Frances Bryant. I truly don't believe they knew they were related or possibly they were not related. So sad to find that Ivan had to go out on his own at such a young age. I never knew him but was told he was a wonderful father to his children. He told them a lot of Welsh folk tales, stories & songs, kept his children laughing & enjoyed home life.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
PamBryant150 9 Nov 2013 3:23PM GMT 
barbdale_1 11 Nov 2013 3:18AM GMT 
PamBryant150 11 Nov 2013 4:27AM GMT 
thomasker2 11 Nov 2013 2:13PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions