Search for content in message boards

Henry Thompson

Replies: 4

Henry Thompson

Posted: 4 Jun 1999 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Jan 2004 7:24AM GMT
Surnames: THOMPSON, BROWN, GORDON, TINSLEY, BRUMLEY
I am looking for information on my gg and ggg grandfather. Both were named Henry Thompson. I have found that Henry Thompson b. abt. 1832 first married Catherine Gordon and had a son Edward D., my g grandfather, and second married Nancy Gordon and had a daughter Catherine who died at 8 months from head dropsy was the son of another Henry Thompson. Catherine's parents were Sanford and Mary Melear Gordon. Nancy's father was Elijah Gordon. I think that Henry b/ abt. 1832 had a brother named Levi b. abt 1840. Levi had the following children: Oscar H., Edmonia, William, Lucy J., Nannie B., Susie, and Emma. I think that Edward D., the son of Henry b. abt. 1832, had a brother named Lewis S. Who married Malinda Brumley. They had Ezra F. and Gilbert and possibly two others: son and daughter who died very young. Edward D. married Mary D. Tinsley and had Ambrose D.who married Lillie B. Cook and moved to Scott County, Lillie A. who married Edgar Sea, Edgar N. whose first wife died and second is unknown, James "Curtis" who married unknown and moved to Nevada, Ollie E. who married Pearl ? and moved to Indiana, and William Oscar who married Eulo Brown. I would like to know more about Henry Thompson father of Henry Thompson b. abt. 1832 and the first Henry's father. Some information indicates he might be the son of still another Henry. Any information at all will be greatly appreciated.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jthompson24 4 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT 
BeverlyPatty5... 29 Oct 2002 5:02PM GMT 
DrueMan_1 3 Mar 2004 1:19AM GMT 
bev2373 13 Dec 2013 2:40PM GMT 
wildduck 28 Feb 2004 8:01AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions