Search for content in message boards

China Clara Hendrickson-Ashburn-Farmer

Replies: 3

China Clara Hendrickson-Ashburn-Farmer

Posted: 17 Aug 2013 5:33AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hendrickson, Ashburn, Farmer, Gray
China Clara Hendrickson b 1885 Bell Co., Ky married Claude Ashburn and had sons Jess b 1907 and Frank b 1909. Claude passed away then China married a Samuel Farmer and had daughter Iva Farmer b 1918 and son Charles b 1922.
Can anyone tell me anything about this Samuel Farmer? I’ve got him on the 1920 Bell Co., Ky Census with China and three of the kids but cannot find anything else. Searching on Ancestry turns up a Samuel Farmer in Illinois I have to rule out because of conflicting dates with the Samuel in Ky.

Also does anyone know why China and her son Jesse Ashburn along with a Nancy Hendrickson b 1888 (Hendrickson is her married name) are in the Bell County Jail at the time of the 1930 Census? At that time both China and this Nancy are listed as widows. Also there is a Molly Gray in jail with them.

Actually China and Jesse are listed twice on the Census. The first time was on April 12 while they were in the slammer and the second time was on April 19 at home in household #297 on James Avenue in Pineville, Ky.

Any insight would be appreciated.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Hendrickson_D... 17 Aug 2013 11:33AM GMT 
joycecollins 20 Aug 2013 3:39AM GMT 
joycecollins 20 Aug 2013 4:09AM GMT 
Hendrickson_D... 20 Aug 2013 5:44PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions