Search for content in message boards

Hester Family

Replies: 1

PFC Randolph Allen

Posted: 2 Aug 2013 1:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Allen
Mr Tussey -

I just started researching your uncle's family today and would like to correspond with you. According to the most current list from the Joint POW/MIA Accounting Command (JPAC), there is currently no family reference sample (FRS, or DNA) on file for the identification of your uncle's remains.

I've communicated with some other families regarding their relatives who also perished at Tarawa, and they echoed the same initial report that I'm sure your family heard; that when they went back they were unable to locate his remains. Sandy, most of the WWII cases that my Chapter is working on are Marines who perished at Tarawa and ALL are marked "Urgent". This lead me to search for more details regarding JPAC's Tarawa-specific mission, and today to this "factsheet".

http://www.dtic.mil/dpmo/news/factsheets/documents/tarawa_fa...

While this report doesn't say that HIS are among those unidentified recovered remains, it confirms the continued mission that I spoke of and gives me additional hope for his return.

If you don’t feel comfortable discussing this with a complete stranger, I completely understand and simply encourage you to, instead, contact the Marines' Service Casualty Office at Quantico by calling 1.800.847.1597 and asking for the "POW/MIA Section".

The service and sacrifice of PFC Allen and his family means so very much to me. Should you and the rest of your family have any questions, comments, requests and/or suggestions, please feel free to contact me. It would be my honor to help.

Very Respectfully,
Jennifer

Jennifer.S.Morrison@gmail.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
sey407 17 Jan 2007 9:53PM GMT 
Jennifer Morr... 2 Aug 2013 7:52PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions