Search for content in message boards

Clark marriage look-up

Replies: 2

Clark marriage look-up

Posted: 30 Jan 2014 9:34AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Clark, Hubbard
I'd like to find a Boyd county look-up buddy as I live in the UK now and can't easily get records unless they're online.
My family lines are Clark, Sowards, Davis, Burns et al, Virginia families that settled in and around Lincoln County, West Virginia in the 1860s mostly. There seems to have been a trend from around 1890-1930 for couples to elope by riding over to Cattlettsburg to marry. I got some help looking up my grandparents certificate which was very kind but there are others that pop up from time to time.

Right now I'm most curious about my great-grandparents, they lived and died in Lincoln County but I can't find a marriage record in WV for them at all so suspect they went to Boyd County and that's where their son, my grandfather, got the idea. Their names were Isaac Jefferson Clark and Caledonia (sometimes Caldona or 'Dona' in records) Arcesse Hubbard. According to his father's diary they married 7 February 1904. His parents were William James 'Jim' Clark and Harriet Susan Davis. Her father was William Burdine Hubbard and she may have put her deceased mother, Polly Roberts, or the stepmom who raised her, Betty Maxwell.

If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it. Being in the UK I'm of limited usefulness, though I can help if anyone has UK records they need help with and my profession is a linguistic researcher specializing in nomenclature so if you have a surname or given name that is confusing or needs explaining, I'm happy to return the favour.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Devonelisa 30 Jan 2014 4:34PM GMT 
REUBEN5_1 3 Feb 2014 3:03AM GMT 
Devonelisa 3 Feb 2014 9:06AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic