Search for content in message boards

Elizabeth Skinner McMannis 1820-30 in Paris, Bullitt Co, KY

Replies: 0

Elizabeth Skinner McMannis 1820-30 in Paris, Bullitt Co, KY

Posted: 18 Feb 2014 10:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Skinner and McMannis
I am looking for information on Elizabeth Skinner born 1774-1779 that married Charles McMannis.
She was the mother of Elijah Skinner born abt 1799 who married Anne Jewell Clark 4 Aug 1816 in Nelson County, KY. She also was the mother of Elener "Nelly" Skinner who married Michael Daffron in 1818 Nelson County, KY. I believe she also was the mother of Nancy Skinner born 1804-1805 that married Presley Jewell in Bullitt Co, KY. There was a Nancy age 16 living in the home of the Mcmannis family in 1819 per pension papers. Her husband, Charles McMannis was in the 1810, 1820 Census in Paris and Mt Washington, Bullitt Co, KY. He died Jan 31, 1828 in Bullitt Co. Elizabeth is listed head of household in the 1830 Census, Mt. Washington, Bullitt Co. I believe she died around 1830. After 1830, Elijah migrated to Greene Co, IN. Nelly Skinner Daffron went with her husband to Dubois County, Indiana. Nancy Skinner died in 1845.,

Have no idea who the Mr. Skinner was that she had her children by. She might have been born in Loudoun Co, VA, but not certain. Mr. McMannis was born about 1749 according to his Revolutionary War Pension Application. He was an early settler of Augusta Co, VA. He joined the military in 1777 in Staunton, VA. He was a resident of Albemarle Co, VA.

No marriage has been found for Elizabeth and a Mr. Skinner. No marriage found between Elizabeth and Charles McMannis.

Please respond if you can shed light on any of these people.

Find a board about a specific topic