Search for content in message boards

great-great-grandmother

Replies: 1

Re: great-great-grandmother

Posted: 30 Sep 2013 4:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Johnson
I found some information through Ancestry.com that Nancy Green's husband passed and they had one son, Solomon Green. John L. Johnson, my 3rd great g.father - took her and the child and together they had 11 children - one named Nancy Johnson too - with the youngest, last child being my 2 g.grandfather. His name was Napoleon Bonaparte Johnson b.1841 d.1931. The only fact I have that I've gone on for years is John L. Johnson's death certificate that says he was from Kentucky. We also have a photo of him in his late years with his wife's name written as Nancy Johnson. The Johnson men had longevity and married many times. My father is healthy and 86. So, the Nancy I have listed on my tree was born in 1805 - 1885, I have her born in Louisiana - not knowing if that is a fact correct. They did migrate to Louisiana and then moved onto Conroe, Montgomery County, Texas where he died and is buried.
I hope that helps and connects you some how to my line. I have always had Moses Johnson as John L's - father's name. I assumed he stayed in Kentucky or migrated somewhere else. Moses is not buried in Montgomery because he would be with the other Johnsons, and he would have been in his 40's - more than likely stayed there - but who knows. I am working on more info - I am excited to get some new hints to follow. I saw that Moses's father was most likely named Ephraim. I'm going to use that for the first time.
Contact me if you like. donnareiling2012@me.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Mary Douglas Phillips 11 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT 
Donna Reiling 30 Sep 2013 10:39PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic