Search for content in message boards

Fred WAGNER - Helena ENZWEILER

Replies: 2

Re: Fred WAGNER - Helena ENZWEILER

Posted: 13 Jul 2013 7:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Jul 2013 7:13PM GMT
Surnames: Wagner Einzweiler
I am wondering if Peter Enzweiler (aka John Peter?) had a first wife ( Catherina Liesenfeld?) whom he had married in Germany . I believe she may have passed away leaving him a widower (not sure if before or after coming to America). However, I cannot confirm that at the moment.

Peter had come to America as did his brother Wilhelm (some say this was Peter's half brother?)

His brother Wilhelm possibly lived first in IN then Illinois (Chicago?).

And Peter ended up in in Kentucky. Peter (a widower?) with children already from his first marriage ..then married his second wife Anna (Johanna) .

Then He had children with Anna (Johanna); one of those children of was named Peter also. I do believe Peter (the Dad) moved to Illinois at the age of 55 with his second wife Anna (Johanna) and their children they had together. (including his son Peter). This as the children from Peter's 1st marriage did not get along with Peter's Second wife Anna (Johanna) .

And with that Peter left the older children from his first marriage to take care of the younger children from his first marriage. I also am pretty sure that Helena Enzweiler was one of those children from Peter's first marriage whom he had left behind in KY.

Helena Enzweiler ended up marrying Fred Wagner (my great great? grandfather or his brother? I think).
I think my grandfather Ferdinand Wagner is a descendant of Helena. . My grandfather Ferdinand grew up on a farm in KY with sister Bernadette and 2 other sisters. I have been fortunate to have met all Of them.
Also it appears that my Dad Fred Wagner is named after his ancestor/Helena Enzweiler's husband Fred Wagner.

If anyone can help me put this together please let me know.

My Dad had thought that Peter and Anna (Johanna) Enzweiler may have moved to St. Louis in 1871 . However, there is no info of any Enzweilers here in St. Louis that we know of. That is where I live coincidentally.

Although, my Dad grew up in the Newport/Covington KY area.

There has been some updated information that I have read on here; It is that Peter's son may actually ended up in East St. Louis, IL having moved out of Chicago maybe .

Also, it appears that Peter's son Peter was listed as a stitcher that lived on N. Grove in Chicago. I think it may have been that he possibly married a seamstress or something. Elizabeth Schommer?

Also that Another one of Peter's sons maybe ended up in Tennessee (Lawrence County maybe?). My Dad had done alot of research in Tennesee there as well and even made a trip or 2 there.

My Dad (Fred Wagner) before he died in 2009 , was dilligently trying to find out about what came of Peter Enzweiler at the age of 55 around 1871 and after that. 1871 is the last year Peter Enzweiler age 55 is on record in KY along with his horse.

Let me know if any of this seems to correlate with anyone else's story.

Joyce Wagner, I think you are my Dad's cousin as that name rings a bell.

Thanks,
B. Wagner
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
JRC1425 14 Feb 2002 2:18PM GMT 
patshaw 14 Jan 2003 3:38AM GMT 
betsymariemcf... 14 Jul 2013 1:09AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions