Search for content in message boards

Stewart Family

Replies: 6

Stewart Family

Posted: 8 Dec 2006 7:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Stewart,Caldwell,Merritt,Carey,Bradley,Lambert and Wheeler
Hello, My name is Maria Stewart Lambert. I have family in the Hitchen ,Webbville , Willard , Olive Hill, and surrounding area's I am wondering if this George Stewart could be related to Mac and Mae (Chaffin) Stewart. Would love to come to the area to find the graves of my late GreatGrandfather Aulden Stewart who was killed in a Logan county WV coal mine in 1918. His widow Barbara Ann Carey Stewart then married a man by the last name of Kitchen and they later moved to Paint Creek WV. Would also like to have pictures of any of the family that would be available to be copied.I have Stewarts on both side of my paternal family. The Caldwells came from Galenia,Scioto Co. Ohio,I have looked over the internet but can't seem to find any information on the Caldwell family. The Stewarts came from these areas and possibly more,Powhatten Point,Belmont Co.Ohio, Hitchens,Webbville,Bells Trace,Willard,...Kentucky.etc...some names are Mac and Mae Chaffin Stewart,Obey and Celia B. Stewart Griffith,Uncle George Stewart, my Great Great Grandfather was Miles Monroe Stewart who was married to Ellen Lyons,and the other Paternal Stewarts are desendents of Capt. Ralph Stewart and my Great Great Grandfather (John Marshall Stewart)on this side of the family was married to a Martha Merritt and was a cousin to (the late Jesse Stewart,famous author). The James S. Caldwell family (and I don't have all of my info information of me) was married to Cerita Smally they had a son Henry Allen Caldwell was my Great Grandfather was married to Hattie Frances Stewart. We know very little of the g-g-grandparents. I hope this has made some sense.I am also researching Bradley's,Lambert's and Wheelers. My husband and I have a wonderful family,1 daughter,1 son (and their mates) and 3 grandchildren. Family linage included but not limited to Irish,Scottish(Possible direct line from Mary Queen of Scotts??),Dutch and American Indian.Thank you.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
MariaLambert4... 9 Dec 2006 2:59AM GMT 
joshuakboggus 30 Jan 2013 2:40AM GMT 
terineys 6 Sep 2013 5:15AM GMT 
jdjones124 7 Sep 2013 2:02AM GMT 
terineys 7 Sep 2013 2:43AM GMT 
terineys 7 Sep 2013 3:08AM GMT 
buckeyesugar 11 Oct 2013 2:55AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic