Search for content in message boards

Crank/Newell Families, Kentucky

Replies: 0

Crank/Newell Families, Kentucky

Posted: 1 Aug 2013 6:49AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Crank, Newell, Newel, Wiggins
Hello- I am trying to solve a bit of a mystery in my family tree. I have been unable to figure out my GGGgrandmother's parents. Her name was Minerva "Nerva" Newell and she was born in Grahn, KY on Oct 3, 1883 according to her death record, but other records indicate she was born anywhere from 1883-1886.

She married Andrew Crank around 1897. He was born in 1876 to William Crank and Sarah Wiggins in KY.

Andrew's sister, Eliza Ellen Crank, was born around 1878. She married William Newel in 1898. He was born in Jan 1878 in KY. They had a son, William, who was born in 1899, died in 1918.

I am wondering if William Newel could have been Minerva's brother. The 1900 census shows William/Eliza living about one house away from Andrew/Minerva. I have been unable to figure out William Newel's parents, but I'm speculating that it may have been Porter Newel and Martha Crank.

Minerva's death certificate lists "Mr. Newell" as her father and "Martha ?" as her mother. Could Porter and Martha be her parents? She is not listed on any of their records- however, she was born in the 1880s, the fire of 1890 probably destroyed her birth record, and she was married to/living with Andrew Crank by the 1900 census.

I am trying to piece this puzzle together. Any help would be appreciated! My email is sarahh618@gmail.com.

Thank you in advance.

Sarah

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions