Replies: 8

Bertha Mae Messer

george johnson (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jul 1999 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: messer, johnson, green, gifford
hi Aroma
I'm looking for the mother of my grandmother Bertha Mae Messer
all that i know is that her mom died when she was young and she was raised by a james and millie gifford
millie is sister to cleveland messer
i meet one of clevelands sons and he said his dad and berthas mom was never married but cleveland always claimed her
i have bertha living in the james gifford household in 1910 at the age of 7yrs and lists her as a niece
i also met a rogers that lives at reedville that knew bertha but couldnt remember who her mom was
my mother and i where looking for a messer cemetery at reedville and happed to run into him at the end of a dead end road
he gave us directions to the cemetery and asked who we where looking for and when we told him it was a surprize he knew her!! he said she had cooked many a supper for him when he was young
im not sure but i thing his name was oscar
the reason we where looking for the cemetary was mom said she could remember going to a funeral on a hill above a church around reedville and bertha said these where her people
papaw johnson and bertha was also married at reedville by a w.h. isaacs and it lists bertha's parents as cleveland and peggy messer
was wondering if peggy's maiden name was messer or did bertha list it on there as peggy being married to cleveland
bertha would have been born around 1903-4
seems like the records for that time period are hard to find
i cant find berthas birth or peggy? death
any help at all would be so deeply appreciated
ive got most of my family line going back a few generations but this one is a brick wall i cant get over
thanks so much for listening
god bless
george johnson
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
David Gifford 18 Apr 1998 12:00PM GMT 
@@cdmcddc@aol... 29 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT 
Aroma Gifford Hammond 28 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT 
george johnson 5 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT 
joytussey 15 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Richard Smith 19 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT 
AL Gifford Hammond 17 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT 
gifforddavida 18 Aug 2013 6:02PM GMT 
winwood007 31 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions