Replies: 8

cemetary

Barb Henson (View posts)
Posted: 5 Dec 1999 5:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Williams, Phillips, Lowe
I'm going to try to explain and see if we aren't talking about different
graves.
Abe Lowes House is the big white farmhouse on the open land, it now belongs to Juanita Barber and her son lives there. Behind that house and up a big hill is a cemetary. Abe Lowe and my husbands grandfather Edgar Lowe and others are buried there. When we went up there with Red Jimmy Lowe he told us that up around the ridge is another cemetary but we didn't go on to it.
Our property is across Aden Road from Abe Lowe's house. It was just all wooded with no home, roads etc. We started building there 2 years ago. We had walked most of the land and never saw the cemetary until last week. Almost directly behind our new house and up a hill is the cemetary we found.It is not near as high up as the one behind Abe's (Barbers) house. There is one white tall tombstone with Wesleys name on it and then several natural rocks that are sort on broken into similar shapes marking other graves. None of the others have names on them, at least that I saw.The only evidense I see of a road is a real old remnant of a logging road.
But it is a whole different place than where Abe is. By the way the old road behind Barber's has been replaced by a brand new road by the County. I may be reading your letter wrong, butthought you were referring to the one behind the od Lowe homeplace. Let me know.I trid to email this to you a couple of days ago and got it bck but will try again.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Barb Henson 1 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Earl Williams 2 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Barb Henson 2 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Earl Williams 3 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Barb Henson 5 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT 
bbrinkman8818 20 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT 
ajking1979 24 Jan 2013 2:33AM GMT 
bsmaddix 25 Jan 2013 12:41AM GMT 
tcandkk 26 Jan 2014 3:47AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions