Search for content in message boards

Cemetary found on our land

Replies: 8

Cemetary on our land

Barb Henson (View posts)
Posted: 2 Dec 1999 5:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Phillips, Lowe, Williams
Behind the first cordwood house on Aden Road, right across from Dry Fork is a cemetary.That house is on one end of our property(we gave them 10 acres to build on) That cemetary is actually over a little and I don't think it's on us. If you keep going on Aden Rd. toward Grahn you will see the cordwood house we are building.It is on the same side but opposite end of our property.This house is just before Bailey Branch.If you walk straight up the hill behind our new house and back just a little ways is where we found the stones.The stone marked with Wesley's name is white and about 36" tall. There are more grave stones all unmarked and chiseled out of natural stone. I am sure you are right about his mother's name. It was hard to read her name on the stone although it is in good shape.We want to clean up the area and fence it to protect it. Would like to try to figure out who else is buried there so maybe we could put a sign or marker of names. I have never been to the one behind the GFCC Cordwood Community House although I know it is there.What house was King's Church?Is it toward Abe Lowes homestead, or as far as Coleman Binion's?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Barb Henson 1 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Earl Williams 2 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Barb Henson 2 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Earl Williams 3 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Barb Henson 5 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT 
bbrinkman8818 20 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT 
ajking1979 24 Jan 2013 2:33AM GMT 
bsmaddix 25 Jan 2013 12:41AM GMT 
tcandkk 26 Jan 2014 3:47AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic