Stevens Cemetery Location

Replies: 4

Re: Stevens Cemetery Location

Mark Jordan (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jul 2001 3:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Jun 2003 10:50AM GMT
Surnames: Mosier, Stevens
I can help you with these directions, as I just found it myself a couple of months ago, after a number of wrong turns! Actually, I'm not sure where the name "Stevens Cemetery" came from on the Carter County cemetery page (maybe from Stevens Hollow which borders it), because the cemetery road actually has a decorative sign display saying "Clifty Acres." Anyway, here's the way:

Go south out of Grahn on Rt 182 about 5 miles or so (I didn't keep precise track). After you pass Rattlesnake Ridge Rd on your left, you will go about another mile and turn onto Rt. 986 on your left. Less than a mile or so down this road, you can see the sign for a gravel road named Clifty Acres Road on your left. When you turn onto this road, it immediately drops down and crosses Clifty Creek. The road then branches-- the right branch goes back to a number of houses, but the left branch is where you will see the little decorative fencepost that someone has put up which says Clifty Acres. Take this left fork and follow it a long way as it winds up and over the top of Clifty. It's probably only a mile or two total, but it's narrow, curvy, and rough. Stay with the main road (there's a couple of side branches which go to houses). After being on the peak of the ridge, it suddenly drops back down and goes around a curve and ends at the cemetery. There's a little turn-around area there. Comparing how the road was with how my cousin said it was when she went a couple of years ago, it has apparently recently been re-gravelled and repaired, so you shouldn't have too much trouble. My gggrandparents William and Leitha Mosier are buried there. Say hi to them for me! By the way, I have a few pictures of the cemetery if you or anyone else would like to see them.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
John Sloan 17 Jul 2001 10:48AM GMT 
Mark Jordan 17 Jul 2001 9:53PM GMT 
John Sloan 19 Jul 2001 10:38AM GMT 
pbhartley 28 May 2013 1:13AM GMT 
barbaramaddix 18 Jun 2013 2:38PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions