Barker Family Lines

Replies: 16

Re: Barker Family Lines

Nellie Middleton Biggs (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jun 2002 6:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Jul 2003 5:26AM GMT
Surnames: BARKER, MIDDLETON, BOGGS, JOHNSON
My father was Robert Middleton and my mother is Lorene Barker Middleton. My father's brother Harve married my mom's sister Vicey "Zelma" Barker. I'm not sure if these are the people you are seeking. Harve died @ 1982, but my mother and Zelma are still living. Their parents were Emmitt and Phoebe Boggs Barker. Emmitt's parents were Solomon(an?) Barker and Alice Johnson. Alice died when my Grandpa Emmitt was 6 years old. Solomon remarried Sally Markwell and had another family. I do not know any more info past Soloman. My grandpa and one sister, Clista were past around from relative to relative. Their other full blood sister, Ada, was adopted by Robert "Bob" and Rebecca "Jane" Barker, who had no children of their own. Mom and Zelma believe that Bob was a brother to Solomon and/or that Jane was a sister to Alice???. I am VERY INTERESTED in the Barker line because my mother and her two living sisters are getting older and apparently did not have much contact with that side of the family. I can remember my Grandpa Barker saying many times that he always felt like he was an orphan. I am also interested in my Boggs lineage as my mother's mother Phoebe was a Boggs and other than her parents names we do not know anything either. Their names were John and Vicey Johnson Boggs. I am related to the Boggs, Barkers, Middletons, Roes, Holbrooks, Johnsons, Skaggs, Lyons, etc. I have my Middleton line back to James Middleton born in 1824; I recently visited his gravesite in Elliott County. Would appreciate an exchange of info.

Nellie Biggs
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
cwbutler32 2 Jan 2002 1:54AM GMT 
Tammy Cornett 2 Jan 2002 2:56PM GMT 
sharonzollman 27 Jun 2004 7:13PM GMT 
cwbutler32 6 Jan 2002 5:21AM GMT 
Nellie Middleton Biggs 9 Jun 2002 12:53AM GMT 
ElaineWesterf... 12 Jun 2002 5:29PM GMT 
grkramer 4 Jul 2003 4:32AM GMT 
Jayne Olsen 15 Jul 2003 7:29PM GMT 
grkramer 15 Jul 2003 10:48PM GMT 
Jane Barker Webb 21 Sep 2003 5:11PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions