Search for content in message boards

ISO Gravesite of Jesse & Sydney Houck

Replies: 15

Re: ISO Gravesite of Jesse & Sydney Houck

Posted: 30 Sep 2012 7:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Ramona, I just ran across your post while doing some research on the stones I found at the cemetery. This cemetery is located on my late Grandfather's (Wm Luther McDavid)farm. It is commonly referred to as the sturgill/McDavid cemetery. Jim is correct about it not being listed in any of the cemetery directories and still isn't. I was there doing some visiting and looking over the stones to make connections to some of the people I had forgotten about when I was doing genealogy a few years back. I'm still not sure how the Houch family is connected to my McDavid line but I'm assuming it's via a Sturgill. Soloman Sturgill is the father of the wife of one of my McDavid ancestors (GG Grandfather). I'm pleased to inform you (in case you haven't kept up) that both stones are still in good shape, although faded. The repairs that were made are still intact. I live nearby now and intend to make regular visits to the cemetery to try to keep it in good repair.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
DonYoak 1 Oct 2012 1:39AM GMT 
C W Butler 3 Feb 2004 2:47PM GMT 
C W Butler 8 Feb 2004 4:42PM GMT 
C W Butler 8 Feb 2004 4:43PM GMT 
Jim Williams 8 Aug 2004 4:24AM GMT 
h650787 23 Feb 2004 5:28PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions