Search for content in message boards

Forrest Cemetery location?

Replies: 25

Re: Forrest Cemetery location?

Posted: 2 Mar 2008 7:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Forrest, James, Carter, Roberts, Curnutte, Duncan, Hayden
Brenda & Everyone:

The James family of Carter County knew the location of the Forrest Cemetery all along. I assisted them in cleaning the cemetery up last summer.

Actually I, my niece and nephew, were there today. It's a climb, up hill nearly all the way, maybe a mile, but really not that bad. I had taken photos last summer but apparently lost them. I took new ones today and will be posting those photos to the Carter County site as soon as I can. I recorded the inscriptions on the stones and will be posting those as well.

I have the GPS coordinates and I've tied some yellow ribbon to mark the way. You need only climb the logging road on the left side of Rockhouse Road, directly across from the old Forrest place. The only tricky place is where the trail veers off the logging road to the left. That's where I began to tie the ribbon to mark the way. If anyone were really interested in going up there I'd be glad to go with them. Just give me some notice.

I don't know if my current email address will appear with the message so in case it doesn't here it is: joed1959@live.com (Joel Carter).
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
semper54 22 Feb 2008 7:34PM GMT 
joed1959 3 Mar 2008 2:32AM GMT 
becdecoy4558 28 Jun 2009 8:35PM GMT 
joed1959 28 Jun 2009 10:10PM GMT 
martycope62 27 Apr 2013 10:04AM GMT 
Donald L Meen... 28 Apr 2013 1:33PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic