Search for content in message boards

BENGE deaths

Replies: 2

Re: BENGE deaths

Posted: 11 Oct 2013 10:35AM GMT
Classification: Query
My family descends through Melvina Benge and Gilmore House through their daughter Nancy House who married John Pennington to daughter Mittie House who married Daniel Warren. I have noticed conflicting information about Gilmore House's parents. Some say his father was James Henderson House. I believe James is Gilmore's brother and that William House and Dolly Walden are James and Gilmore's parents.Can you give me any information about this? I know that a boy Gilmore's age 11 was listed in William and Dolly's home 1850 Census. I also know that he was young enough to be the son of James H. In later years Gilmore is in a Census in James H. House's home without his wife Melvina and children. He claims to be widowed (but is not) and is listed as a son. I suspect that reference as "son" is an error. Also, do you have any information on when Gilmore died? He was alive in 1900 and gone in 1910. Melvina's death? She is alive in 1910 and claims to be a widow. Any marriage/divorce/dath papers? Does anyone have any enlightening information?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
RNallenweg 16 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT 
CMichelle1400 18 Dec 2008 3:06AM GMT 
jstamata1 11 Oct 2013 4:35PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions