Will of Jasper Franklin; 1847

Replies: 1

Will of Jasper Franklin; 1847

Posted: 29 Jul 1999 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Will
Edited: 3 Aug 2001 12:16AM GMT
Surnames: Franklin, Smith, Mitchell, Larrowe, Beard
Will Book 1, Page 18.

I Jasper Franklin of Crittenden County Kentucky do hereby make my last will and testament in manner and form following that is to say 1st I give and Bequeath to my son Anthony Franklin a yellow negro man named Green and also a yellow negro child named Uriah 2 set I give and bequeath to my son Angerau Franklin a negro girl named Elvira 3 set I give to Paulina Franklin a negro Girl named Mary Ann and her child Napolion and her horse Jim Crow and her bead and furniture 4 set I give and devise to my two sons Anthony and Angerau Franklin all my stock of cattel to be divided equally between them and also all my house hole furniture to my two sons Anthony and Angerau Franklin 5. set I desire that my son Anthony Franklin pay to my Daughter Matilda Smith one hundred Dollars out of the property I have given him 6 set I disire that my son Angerau Franklin pay to my daughter Matilda Smith one hundred Dollars out of the property I have give him 7 set I give to my Daughter Lucind & Evy five Dollars 8 set I give to my daughter Calpurnia Mitchell five Dollars 9 set I give to my Grandson Booker Franklin one Rone colt two years old come spring 10. set I apoint my two sons Anthony and Angerau Franklin the Executors of this my last Will and testament hereby Revoking all other will or testaments by me heretofore made in witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand my hand and seal this 3 day of February 1847
Witness
A Larrowe
his
Simon Beard
mark

his
Jasper Franklin
mark

The commonwealth of Kentucky
Crittenden County Court April term 1847.
I Harvey W Bigham clerk of the said County Court Certify that at the april term of said Court in 1847 the foregoing writing was produced into open Court and proven to be the Last Will and testament of Jasper Franklin deceased by the oaths of A Larrowe and Simon Beard subscribing witnesses thereto and the same was ordered to be Recorded. Whereupon I have Recorded the same and this certificate in my office.
H.W. Bigham

(Note: Bequests 5 & 6 are the same and repeated. I have copied the error as it is in the original.)
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Kydi1 29 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT 
brodehef 12 Apr 2013 12:14AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic