Search for content in message boards

Isaac Chauncy/Chauncey b. 1803 in TN

Replies: 0

Isaac Chauncy/Chauncey b. 1803 in TN

Posted: 30 Jul 2013 1:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for possible parents of Isaac Chauncy/Chauncey, born in Tennessee, possibly on Jan. 6, 1803. He came to what is now Richland County, Illinois, before 1825. He married Cynthia Morehouse on May 6, 1824.
The only other Chauncy/Chauncey in the area at that time was John I Chauncey. "The first school taught in Richland County was taught in an old log building erected for a tavern, on the old 'trace road,' two miles west of Olney, in what is now Olney Township, in 1822 and 1823, by John I. Chauncey."..." This first teacher of Richland County, John I. Chauncey, died ...in the spring of 1824; his was the first death within the limits of what is now Olney Township." (from Counties of Cumberland, Jasper & Richland Co., Illinois, Historical and Biographical, Illustrated, 1884, F.A. Battey & Co., Chicago, p. 658).
I don't know the connection between Isaac and John Isaac, but I am assuming they came to Olney together.
Any hints/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions