Search for content in message boards

Franklin SLOAS

Replies: 5

Franklin SLOAS

Posted: 3 Apr 2009 8:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: SLOAS/ADKINS/ISON/COLLIER/CARPENTER Families
I am researching these families for my daughter. They are on her father's side of the family. They were in the Elliott/Morgan/Carter/Lawrence county areas of Kentucky and removed to Scioto County, OH at various times.
I am interested in any information about them but have one in particular I have a "theory" on at the present time and have been unable to document.
I have a Franklin Sloas b. 14 Sep 1886 Elliott Co., KY. I have found the marriage of him to Sylvia SMITH and the three children born of that union.
But, he had a previous marriage with two children from that union; Hollie b. 27 Nov 1914 Lawrence Co., and Bessie b. 25 Jan 1917 Lawrence Co.
On Hollie's birth record, his mother is listed as Lizzie COLLIER. On Bessie's, her mother is listed as Mary COLLIER.
Now, sorry for the length here but bare with me please.
I believe that his first wife was Mary Elizabeth COLLIER, d/o Edward G. Collier and Lucinda PHILLIPS. The dates are right, she was from Lawrence Co., and Frank's brother, William Logan SLOAS married her sister, Lula May COLLIER.
Anyone with any documentation of this either way?
Thanks in advance for any information on these families.
Jan Freeman ladytxlove@yahoo.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Andrejay 4 Apr 2009 2:44AM GMT 
keith smith 7 Jul 2009 1:31PM GMT 
cfogt53 8 Oct 2011 2:08AM GMT 
cfogt53 8 Oct 2011 2:06AM GMT 
cfogt53 8 Oct 2011 2:09AM GMT 
cfogt53 12 Sep 2013 11:53AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions