Search for content in message boards

Was this a runaway bride? what was she running from?

Replies: 0

Was this a runaway bride? what was she running from?

Posted: 23 Jun 2013 11:59AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Webb Bateman
1850 –Thomas S Webb - he is a 23 year old, native KY, Plaster, boarding in Louisville Ward 7.
(There are several other Plasterers on the same page, Ephraim Hogue age 43, and Johnson Rawlings age 22.
The next page has two more young plasterers, Granville Hilton 19 KY, and James Fairface (or Fairfax))

1850 - Elizabeth E Bateman- she is an 16 or 18 year old from VA, ALONE/boarding?, in Louisville District 3, I can’t find her parents anywhere??
(She is with a Henry Griffy child of 8years. His parents seem to be on the previous page. There are a bunch of Actors on her page.)

Kentucky Marriages, 1785-1979 for Thomas S. Webb
Groom's Name: Thomas S. Webb
Bride's Name: Elizabeth E. Bateman
Marriage Date: 15 Sep 1850
Marriage Place: Jefferson County, Kentucky
Groom's Father's Name:
Groom's Mother's Name:
Bride's Father's Name:
Bride's Mother's Name:
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: M00535-8
System Origin: Kentucky-EASy
Source Film Number: 482707
Reference Number: bk 5 p 55
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/F43D-Q2H
+Jefferson or Christian Co KY

1860 Lexington, Fayette, Kentucky Says Welch but they are Webb
Thomas Welch 29
Elizabeth Welch 27
Thomas Welch 6
Mary Ellen Welch 2

In 1861 Thomas returns to Louisville and enlists in the cavalry for the Union (I THINK)
In 1863 Thomas has a disability and is discharged (I THINK)
--gap---
In 1921 Thomas is buried in Il, age 94, Illinois Solders and Sailors Home

now it gets interesting...

1870 Aug. LUCUS, Crittenden, Arkansas, United States
E Webb 38 WIDOWED ??, with Thos 19, Ellen 11, Claud 9 and $20,000 of land and $5,000 of other property!!!!!!

1880 Jun — Age: 46 VINE PRAIRIE, Crawford, Arkansas, United States
Elizabeth WILSON 43 VA WIDOWED Farming with Claud 18 and servant 40 VA Black Polly Stanley (Ellen 20 marries and stays in Crawford co. Thomas is married and in Pulaski) –no record of marriage/div/death? and now there is little to no money

1900 Jun age 66 LUCUS Township, Crittenden, Arkansas
Elizabeth is 63 from VA, as are her parents?? she owns her farm and there is no mortgage Her granddaughter Lizzie 12 AR lives with her (Claude and Ida Owens died leaving Lillie and orphan around age 3)again- little to no money
--last known record--

So, a couple of questions.

How do I find their parents? ANY suggestions would be much appreciated as I seen=m to have hit every brick wall.

How do I find out why/when/how Elizabeth left/ran away with 3 small children?

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions