Search for content in message boards

Thomas C. Brown

Replies: 10

Re: Thomas C. Brown

Posted: 26 Feb 2014 9:55AM GMT
Classification: Query
There were apparently TWO related men who were each named Thomas C. Brown. One was a descendant of the John Brown in Culpeper Co., VA who married his cousin Elizabeth Brown (a daughter of Daniel Brown "II" and Elizabeth Coleman)....and the other one was a descendant of Daniel Brown and Frances Neville (who moved to Hampshire Co., VA). The Daniel Brown who married Frances Neville was a son of the referenced Daniel Brown "II" and Elizabeth Coleman, and hence, the Daniel Brown who married Frances Neville was a brother of the above Elizabeth Brown who married her cousin John Brown.

The above John Brown who married his cousin Elizabeth Brown strongly appears (from a LOT of research) to have been a son of Henry Brown "I" and Keziah Jones, a grandson of Daniel Brown "I" and Jane Copeland, and a great-grandson of the Francis Brown "I" who left his Will in Essex Co., VA in 1691/1692 (Francis Brown "I" was apparently married to an Elizabeth Cole, per one available record). The above Daniel Brown "II" who married Elizabeth Coleman was a son of Francis Brown "II" (left his Will in Essex Co., VA around 1708) and Elizabeth Allen, and a grandson of the above Francis Brown "I" (so the Francis Brown "II" who married Elizabeth Allen was a brother of the Daniel Brown "I" who married Jane Copeland....and they were apparently the only surviving sons of Francis Brown "I').

I suspect that the two referenced (and related) Thomas C. Brown have been "intermixed" in some records. Comments/questions? Note: As I recall, the Thomas C. Brown who was out of Hampshire Co., VA had a brother who was named Nathaniel Brown, and I believe that Nathaniel went to some other county in KY.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Charlene Woodring 28 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT 
Anita Huber 15 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT 
LOCOLAURIE123 16 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT 
alice_brock 6 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Polly Blevins 12 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Anita Huber 14 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Polly Blevins 15 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Anita Huber 15 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT 
tunnelm1 26 Feb 2014 4:55PM GMT 
vakh06 4 Mar 2007 7:15PM GMT 
per page