Search for content in message boards

McGuire's, Moore's, Goodman's and Goins

Replies: 15

McGuire's, Moore's, Goodman's and Goins

Posted: 9 Jul 2006 10:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Nelson, Marcum, Branham, Wills, Lafferty, Massey, Hammons, Hubbard, Stephens, Preece, Maynard, Williamson, Stratton, Hall, Bingham, Calhoun, Dillon, Ayers, Musick
I am searching for the family of Charles Moore who married Elizabeth Goins in Henry CO, VA . Their son, John Moore b. about 1756 in Orange CO, NC , married Sarah "Sally" Goodman. Sally Goodman may have been the daughter of Joel Goodman as that seems to be the only Goodman family in that area at that time. She also named her oldest son Joel. They lived in Goinstown, Rockingham CO, NC. John had a brother, James, who served in the Rev. War with him. James settled on Newman's Ridge in what is now Hancock CO, TN.
John and two of his brothers moved from NC via TN to Floyd CO, KY between 1815-1818. Their parents joined them in Floyd County in the early 1830's where John Moore filed for his Reb. War pension which is very detailed.

John and Sally Moore are buried on Bull Creek in Floyd County. Their son, Obediah, married Polly Casteel whose family supposedly came from TN.
Polly supposedly descended from an Indian family.
Some of the Casteel family members moved to Lawrence CO, KY and some shortened their name to Steel or Steele.

Obediah Moore had a daughter, Delilah, who married Issac Right (Wright). His name is spelled Right on their marriage certificate, but Issac spends the rest of his life using the last name of McGuire. I think Issac was the son of Hezekiah George Wright and Priscilla
McGuire. I think their marriage license stated that they married in 1811 in Floyd County. According to family tradition, Issac was born about 1812. His McGuire family, again according to family tradition, was from Tazewell, VA. I would like to know the parents of this Priscilla McGuire. Something must have happened to her first husband, Hezekiah George Wright, because I think she may have married a Crum. There was a Crum family living near the Wright family at one point.
I don't know why Issac started using his mother's maiden name.

Issac and his wife, Delilah, raised a large family on Bull Creek. Obediah Moore divided up a large portion of land amongst his children with Delilah having a lot of land. She had two daughters and several sons. One daughter, Miranda, and a son died on the same day of typhoid and were buried together while they were still small. Their other daughter, Caroline, married Solomon Anderson Mullins, son of Lucy Anderson and Sherwood Mullins (of Pike County). Solomon used the last name of Anderson on his marriage license, but he and some of his children mostly used the last name of his stepfather, John Fontaine Warrix. Some of his children used Anderson.

I am searching for the parents of Charles and Elizabeth Goins Moore; the parents of Sarah "Sally" Goodman, the parents of Mary "Polly" Casteel, and the parents of Priscilla McGuire. Any assistance appreciated.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
karenmarcum5 10 Jul 2006 4:10AM GMT 
cjpacker 9 Sep 2006 1:59AM GMT 
Serenitywarri... 2 Mar 2007 2:25AM GMT 
karenmarcum5 2 Mar 2007 4:06PM GMT 
jimandkayh1 5 Mar 2007 12:28AM GMT 
Serenitywarri... 11 Mar 2007 10:41PM GMT 
Serenitywarri... 11 Mar 2007 10:42PM GMT 
jimandkayh1 18 Mar 2007 1:20AM GMT 
karenmarcum5 19 Mar 2007 12:27AM GMT 
kmarcum41653 26 Aug 2007 1:56AM GMT 
per page